HEAL Color Splash 5K
Regular registration is $30 until August 31.
Late registration is $40 from September 1 until midnight on September 8.
Register by August 20 to be guaranteed a shirt.
Washington County Gives
Thank you to everyone who donated to HEAL during the Washington County Gives 24-hour online fundraising conducted by the Community Foundation. If you have no received your unique Color Splash promo codes please contact us immediatly.
NEW Family Rate
This year, the price for a family of four or more will be $25 a person. To receive this discount, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the special invitation code.
Children 5 and under: You don’t need to register children 5 and under online. You’ll just need to sign an Informed Consent for them, which will be available at Packet Pick-up and the morning of the event. You can also download a copy here: Informed Consent. Please note that they will not receive a participant t-shirt.
NEW 20 for 20 Large Group Rate
New this year is an unique large group pricing. For parties of 20 people or more, the price is $20 per person. To receive the invitation code, send an email to email@example.com. By requesting the invitation code, groups will be making a commitment to recruit and register 20 or more people.
We are also happy to partner with Girls, Inc. and Girls on the Run to offer $5 off Color Splash entries to all of the Muddy Mamas registrants. It’s simple, once Color Splash registration opens on May 4, Muddy Mamas just need to forward their registration receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive their discount code.
Important Participant Information
Packet Pick-up: You can pick up your race packet from 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. on Friday, September 9th at Fairgrounds Park. Please note that online registration will end at midnight on Thursday and paper registrations will be accepted up until 7:00 p.m. if you know of someone who is interested in participating.
Waves: A colored wrist band will be provided identifying your wave. Further instructions will be provided the day of the race.
Parking: There will be all on-site parking at Fairgrounds Park. CARPOOLING IS SUGGESTED.
Timeline of event:
* Gates open at 7:30 a.m. for check-in and close promptly at 8:45 for event to start. Please be sure to arrive in time to pick up your packet if you decide not to take advantage of the Packet Pick-up the evening before. Also, if you have children 5 and under allow for enough time to sign the liability waiver.
*8:45 Gates close. You must be in the park before this time.
* First wave will be released at 9:00 a.m. and other waves will follow.
* A Celebration Splash with all colors will occur at approximately 10:30 a.m. (or when last participant is finished).
*Everyone is invited to the After Party. It will have special healthy food sample sponsored by Maryland Physician Care and resources. There will be a MyPlate table will special giveaways for the kids!
Photo Opportunity: Be sure to stop by the pavilion near the finish line to take advantage of the free downloadable photo! Special thanks to Classic Photography and Imaging for their time and skills!
Course Map: 2016 Color Splash layout
- What is Color Splash? HEAL’s Color Splash 5K Run/Walk is a unique family event where participants get “splashed” with an array of powder colors throughout the course. There will be a different “splash” station every kilometer of the course. This “Fun Run” is geared towards all fitness levels. There will be a clock but no timing chips.
- What do I wear? We will provide a white Color Splash 5K t-shirt the morning of registration or during our Pre-event Check-in session. You are welcome to wear this or anything else you’d like to show off your splash of colors. Some people will be wearing other colorful items, such as knee socks, and bright shorts and shoes. Be creative. It is your time to shine!
- Are the colors safe? Will they hurt my clothes? The color is basically food grade cornstarch and is 100% natural and SAFE. As with any substance, you want to keep it out of your eyes and our color throwers will make sure to aim low as you pass by. You can choose to wear glasses or goggles to protect your eyes and use a bandana to cover your mouth if you prefer. Although the colors should wash out of your clothes, there is a possibility it might not. You will be messy.
- Can I bring a stroller? Absolutely! As long as you understand that it will end up rainbow colored just like you. All kids 5 and under can run with an adult FREE of charge and do not need to register. An Informed Consent must be signed for them, however, which can be found on our website (www.healofwashingtoncounty.org).
- Can I run with my dog? Sorry, no dogs allowed.
- Will the color hurt the seats of my car on my drive home? We recommend bringing towels to protect the seats of your car, just in case. You can also bring a change of clothes. Restrooms will be available; however, there isn’t a secure sight on the premises of the event to keep your belongings.