HEAL Color Splash 5K
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
IMPORTANT PARTICIPANT INFO:
Packet Pick-up: You can pick up your race packet from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. on Friday, September 12th at Fairgrounds Park. Please note that online registration will end at noon on Friday and paper registrations will be accepted up until 8:00 p.m. if you know of someone who is interested in participating.
Children 5 and under: You don’t need to register children 5 and under online. You’ll just need to sign an Informed Consent for them, which will be available at Packet Pick-up and the morning of the event. You can also download a copy here: Informed Consent
Waves: A colored wrist band will be provided identifying your wave. Further instructions will be provided the day of the race. Please note: because of the large size of this event, we are unable to accommodate wave changes from this point forward. Wave #1 is full.
Parking: This year, there will be all on-site parking at Fairgrounds Park. CARPOOLING IS SUGGESTED.
Misting Tent: Want to make the colors stick better when being splashed? Go through the Misting Station right before the first Color Station to get misted. You can’t miss it – just look for the fire truck!
Timeline of event:
* Gates open at 7:30 a.m. for check-in and close promptly at 8:45 for event to start. Please be sure to arrive in time to pick up your packet if you decide not to take advantage of the Packet Pick-up the evening before. Also, if you have children 5 and under allow for enough time to sign the liability waiver.
* First wave will be released at 9:00 a.m. and other waves will follow.
* A Celebration Splash with all colors will occur at approximately 10:30 a.m. (or when last participant is finished). Many thanks to Antietam Pediatrics for this special opportunity for everyone to splash!
*Everyone is invited to the After Party sponsored by RBC. It will have special healthy food samples and resources. There will be a MyPlate table will special giveaways for the kids!
Photo Opportunity: Be sure to stop by the pavilion near the finish line to take advantage of the free downloadable photo!
Wind Tunnel: Want to clean off after getting a photo? Run through the Wind Tunnel!
Course Map: click here to download – Map
Merchandise: We have special Color Splash items this year! Order items today and pick them up on Friday, Sept. 12 6p.m.-8.p.m. at Fairgrounds during Packet Pick-up time. You can also pick up and buy items the day of the event. Please note, each participant will receive a free pair of sunglasses. You can also purchase extra pairs on this site. Click here to see available items: Merchandise
Frequently Asked Questions:
• What do I wear? We will provide a white Color Splash 5K t-shirt the morning of registration or during our Pre-event Check-in session. You are welcome to wear this or anything else you’d like to show off your splash of colors. Some people will be wearing other colorful items, such as knee socks, and bright shorts and shoes. Be creative. It is your time to shine!
• Are the colors safe? Will they hurt my clothes? The color is basically food grade cornstarch and is 100% natural and SAFE. As with any substance, you want to keep it out of your eyes and our color throwers will make sure to aim low as you pass by. You can choose to wear glasses or goggles to protect your eyes and use a bandana to cover your mouth if you prefer. Although the colors should wash out of your clothes, there is a possibility it might not. You will be messy.
• Can I bring a stroller? Absolutely! As long as you understand that it will end up rainbow colored just like you. All kids 5 and under can run with an adult FREE of charge and do not need to register. An Informed Consent must be signed for them, however, which can be found on our website (www.healofwashingtoncounty.org).
• Can I run with my dog? Sorry, no dogs allowed.
• Will the color hurt the seats of my car on my drive home? We recommend bringing towels to protect the seats of your car, just in case. You can also bring a change of clothes. Restrooms will be available; however, there isn’t a secure sight on the premises of the event to keep your belongings.
Early Bird: $35 (up until July 31)
Regular: $40 (August 1 – September 6)
Last minute: $45 (September 7 – September 12)
***Children 5 and under are FREE.***
Please note: this race will feature a clock but no timing chips.
WHAT IS COLOR SPLASH?
HEAL’s Color Splash 5K Run/Walk is a unique family event where participants get “splashed” with an array of powdered color throughout the course. This fun-run is geared towards all fitness levels. The course runs through the beautiful Fairgrounds and Pangborn Parks of Hagerstown, MD. There is also an after party with healthy food samples aligned to the USDA MyPlate and other helpful resources. In its second year, HEAL plans to add other exciting elements to the event to make it even more FUN – a Misting Tent, Wind Tunnel and other splashing opportunities are just some of our ideas!