HEAL Color Splash 5K
REGISTERATION OPENS ON MAY 5th!
HEAL will be hosting the 5th annual Color Splash 5K Fun Run/Walk on Saturday, September 30th. Color Splash is a unique family event where participants get “splashed” with an array of powder colors throughout the course. This “fun run” is geared towards all fitness levels. There will be a clock but no timing chips. There will be several different waves starting a few minutes apart.
There is also a post-race Festival with healthy food samples aligned to the USDA MyPlate and other helpful resources.
Donate $25 during Washington County Gives on May 2nd and receive a FREE Color Splash entry!
Regular Registration (through September 8th) – $30
Late Registration (September 9th through September 30th) – $40
Frequently Asked Questions:
• What is Color Splash? HEAL’s Color Splash 5K Run/Walk is a unique family event where participants get “splashed” with an array of powder colors throughout the course. This “Fun Run” is geared towards all fitness levels. There will be a clock but no timing chips.
▪What do I wear? We will provide a white Color Splash 5K t-shirt the morning of registration or during our Pre-event Check-in session. You are welcome to wear this or anything else you’d like to show off your splash of colors. Some people will be wearing other colorful items, such as knee socks, and bright shorts and shoes. Be creative. It is your time to shine!
- Are the colors safe? Will they hurt my clothes? The color is basically food grade cornstarch and is 100% natural and SAFE. As with any substance, you want to keep it out of your eyes and our color throwers will make sure to aim low as you pass by. You can choose to wear glasses or goggles to protect your eyes and use a bandana to cover your mouth if you prefer. Although the colors should wash out of your clothes, there is a possibility it might not. You will be messy.
- Can I bring a stroller? Absolutely! As long as you understand that it will end up rainbow colored just like you. All kids 5 and under can run with an adult FREE of charge and do not need to register. An Informed Consent must be signed for them, however, which can be found on our website (www.healofwashingtoncounty.org).
- Can I run with my dog? Sorry, no dogs allowed.
- Will the color hurt the seats of my car on my drive home? We recommend bringing towels to protect the seats of your car, just in case. You can also bring a change of clothes. Restrooms will be available; however, there isn’t a secure sight on the premises of the event to keep your belongings.